7 easy steps to consignment
- Go through your closet! Pick out some clothing that you are not wearing as much anymore.
- Sort your clothing into seasonal categories. (ie summer, winter and fall.)
- Find a local consignment shop that suits you best. Each shop has its own style and feel. So, pick one that suits you!
- Phone your local consignment store to set up a drop off appointment. Consignment appointments are important! They give the shop the opportunity to go through your clothing you wish to consign right in front of you, or so they can fully set you up with an account.
- Drop off your items and let your local consignment shop get your account set up.
- Now, you can let the consignment shop work their magic!
- Finally, you can come in to collect money or your unsold items at the end of the consignment contract.
Selling your used clothing through a local consignment shop helps the environment, the community and small business owners. Whether you sell a lot or a little; anything helps reduce the amount of clothing in landfills. You may be surprised at how smooth and easy this process is!
Let’s work towards a more sustainable future through consignment; together!